Oh,The Places We Will Go.

Saturday, January 8, 2022

5 Things I wish I had been told as a new lolita

    I am going to preface this with I was a "new" Lolita for a LONG  time. What I consider a new Lolita is someone who is interested and wants to wear the fashion but hasn't yet put together a proper coord. Now on to the things.


1. A JSK does not always require a blouse. That is not saying that your shoulders shouldn't be at least kinda covered but a whole blouse under a JSK can be very hot and uncomfortable in the summer here in the south. A nice lace or chiffon bolero would look good and solve the problem of possibly having a heat stroke. Do however try to wear a light camisole or slip under it, to prevent your dress from getting sweaty and dirty on the inside.

2. You should probably wear some kind of bloomers or shorts under your dresses and skirts and dresses. I am very clumsy and have a tendency to fall over and trip or the wind blows my skirt up and boom panties. Wear your bloomers, please. 

4. Any hair color can go with any coord. I typically have pink hair. (Shocking I know) And it's not a soft pink it's bright shocking pink. At one point I even buzzed my head and had inch-long hair for several months. And I didn't bother with a wig. It's too hot where I live for that mess. Your natural hair, just as it grows out of your head is perfect to wear with lolita. For a long time, I thought I had to have a certain cut to make the style look good but alas, my hair is the perfect way to wear it with lolita and so is yours. 

5. Your style is just that, yours. You are wearing this fashion for yourself. Make yourself happy with your coords. You don't have to stick to just one substyle. Like sweet and gothic? Wear both, mix them, do your own thing and make yourself happy. Because when you're happy that is when you really shine. (insert cheesy Baby, the stars shine bright joke here. ((Because when you smile, baby, the stars really do shine bright.)) I hate myself now) 


Anyway, That's all for now. Until next time
                                                                       Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment