Oh,The Places We Will Go.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

My Lolita Batton

 1. Screen-name and DOB, please tell me this ~.

Wild Tea Rose, February 1, 1994

2. Height, weight, clothing size, and shoe size?

163 cm, 90~ kg, I get most of my dresses custom sized due to the fact that my bust, waist, hip ratio is strange and well I do weigh 90 kg.

3. Why did you start to dress lolita?

To feel like *me*, I struggle a lot with my sense of self, and being in lolita makes me feel like the most authentic me that I can be. 

4. Which style of lolita do you like?

I like Sweet and Old Scool styles.

5. Express in your own words, the ideal of your above answer.

As for sweet, a pink JSKwith a white blouse, white UTK socks with pink lace or white lace and a pink ribbon, pink tea party shoes, hair up in big fluffy twin tails with either a big bow, two slightly smaller bows, or an RHD, I prefer pinks and whites but lavender and sax are really pretty too. As for an Old School coord I personally own my perfect coord. Antique Dolls JSK by Souffle Song and the matching RHD, A white short puffed sleeve blouse with a frilly doll collar, black UTK socks with white lace garters that have removable black bows on them, a black bag shaped like a bat, and several black or white accessories including black lace wrist cuffs.

6. Do you have piercings? Where?

I do! My ears have several in them including stretched lobes. I am currently at a 00 (10 mm).

7. What brands do you like?

My favorite brand is Baby the Stars Shine Bright, but the one I buy most from is Souffle Song or any of the brands they own.

8. Which is your favorite piece you have?

That's a tough one really it is either my Strawberry Bunny JSK in Pink or my Antique Dolls JSK in black. 

9. How many lolita friends do you have?

None, unfortunately.

10. What do you love most about lolita?

The freedom to express my feminine flavors in a very controlled way. 

11. What do you hate about lolita? What are your peeves??

My peeves, there's really only two, too-tight petticoats. This is an issue I have a lot because let's say I'm not the brightest when it comes to sizing things. And not wearing bloomers under your dresses. 

12. What magazines do you read?

I used to read a lot of Shojo Beat or Shounen Jump but they discontinued them and it upset me greatly. I read a lot of blogs online now and I like Papplion which is a Gyaru mag.

13. Headdresses, bonnets, ribbons, or katsushya?

Rectangle Head Dresses, Katusushya, Ribbons, Bonnets in that order. 

14. Do you wear drawers or bloomers?

Absolutely. I do not even wear normie dresses or skirts without some kind of bloomer or shorts under them.

15. Do you tie headdresses at the front or at the back?

At the back usually under my hair.

16. Who is your favorite band/type of music?

I really listen to a bit of everything. I have this one playlist that has, Disturbed, Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Bing Crosby, Dolly Parton, Skrillex, My Chemical Romance, Lar'c En Ciel, and AC/DC on it. It's a wild ride to listen to.

17. What is your phone ring tone~?

For my partner, it is A Thousand Years by Christina Perri and normally it's Fly Away from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt

18. Do you go to concerts in lolita?

I would if covid wasnt a thing and concerts still happened.

19. For people who attend concerts: Do you headbang there?

I would.

20. What colors do you like?

Pastels and black.

21. What are your hobbies?

I have ADHD I do everything from historical sewing to web coding.

22. If you have any favorite perfumes, please tell us.

I love rose-scented things so really anyone with a rose scent or floral tone to it.

23. Is there anything you are careful of in lolita?

come back to this 

24. Do you have any favorite haunts to go to in lolita?

The Three Gorges in Mobile AL It's technically a candy shop but they have expanded a bit in the last few years. The whole place is just so pleasant and in the heat of the summer and fall, it's so wonderfully cool inside.

25. How many times a week do you dress in lolita?

Two to three times a week usually just something comfortable and casual to be in the house in.

26. Please tell us an embarrassing story when you were a beginner in lolita.

Most of the embarrassing things came from not knowing how to respond to people taking my picture or wanting a picture with me. 

27. Your current hairstyle and color.

Currently, I have a modified hime cut where the bangs are straight across and the side bits are a bit longer than a traditional one and it is long in the back, it's currently an ugly greyish color because I need to redye it soon. I am thinking of going back to my natural brown or maybe a darker brown.

28. What is your lolita history?

Strap in this one might be long. When I was a kid my aunt and mum took me to this huge antique mall in Louisiana and it was there that I saw my first lolita She had a cherry-printed dress on and I think it may have been a wa-lolita style. I think it may have been handmade and she was so pretty. That week we ended up in a Walmart and I grabbed a copy of Shojo Beat that ran a short article on J-fashion and lolita was mentioned and In the years that followed I did more and more and more digging and for a really long time I wanted to be a lolita and wear the pretty dresses and look cute and lovely like that. It wasn't until I was an adult and had already had children that I actually got to realize my dream. My first dress was one with an Alice in Wonderland theme and I got the entire set that it came with including a JSK, Blouse, Headband Bow, and a bag. I had already ordered the shoes and a pair of white socks to go with it and I wore it out for the first time on my birthday that year. Since then I have grown my wardrobe a good deal and am very happy with the things I have.

29. Do you store your clothes in a special place?

Kinda, they are the only things in my closet hanging up.

30. Did you ever think about stopping Lolita? What was the reason?

I did briefly when we were very strapped for cash and I considered selling my dresses and stopping wearing them.

31. What is your motto?

We are all made of stardust, we need to act like it.

32. Your dreams of the Future?

My overall dream for the future is to be able to have a home that my family owns and enough money to live comfortably and get the things that I want.

33. "This person is so perfect for lolita!" - Do you ever think that about certain celebrities?

Only one really. I think Keira Knightly would look great in lolita

34. Any products/items you have with a fond memory?

I have a necklace that my husband bought me at my first meet made by one of the lolitas there. I love it and wear it with every sweet coord I wear. 

35. What was your first item?

Funnily enough, it was a pair of shoes. They are pink high heels with bows and pearls on them and they are not comfortable. 

36. Have you got a pose for photos?

Sort of. I like to pose proudly with my parasol and my head held high.

37. What is your heart's bible? [book/magazine/CD/etc]

38. What is the best cm for heels?

2 to 10 cm anything taller than that and I lose balance really easily unless it's platforms then I'm all good until they like like stilts.

39. Do you wear tiaras?

Yes, I do. I'm a princess why not wear a tiara?

40. Do you think you want to try prince style? What kind of prince? Ankoku-kei [Gothic/dark prince]? Or "prince on a white horse" style?)

Feminine pastel prince style is my favorite and I would love to try it.

41. What types of lace do you like?

I personally like antique or vintage lace the best but mesh lace is a close second.

42. Do you own a doll? Does it give you fun, childish feelings?

I own many dolls. I actually have tea parties with them still. They make me feel small and since I missed out on having many as a child I have them now to make up for that.

43. What is in your lolita bag?

My bag staples are: Whatever makeup I may need to touch up during the day, a lip balm in case my lipstick wears off and my lips feel dry and gross, a book (usually a manga actually), a small snack, a bottle of water if it will fit, and my phone, wallet, and keys.

44. What is your favorite flower?

I love roses. I actually want to try my hand at growing them one of these days.

45. Right now, what is your favorite accessory?

Earrings and plugs to go in my ears.

46. Please recommend us some cosmetics.

I can't really recommend anything. I generally don't wear a lot of makeup.

47. With Eye-tape your eyes look like a Doll's! What eyelashes will you wear?

I don't use eye tape but I do wear false lashes sometimes I just get cheapies really. 

48. What glue do you use for these eyelashes?

I actually use Kiss glue it works the best for me.

49. Red Lipstick? Blue? Black? Pink?

It depends on the colors I'm wearing but I usually go for a nude or a pink unless I am wearing gothic then it is usually black.

50. Which nail polish do you choose normally?

I like Color Pop because of their sparkly holographic polishes. 

51. Have you ever changed in a train station bathroom?

No, I usually just leave the house in what I am going to wear for the day.

52. What do you think of 'twinning' and 'triplet' lolitas?

It's a really cool idea I think. I haven't ever been able to do it though.

53. How do you keep in shape for lolita? Recommend us something.

I don't do anything special. 

54. Do you keep calm when by yourself in Lolita?

I have to. The area I live in has a high population of boomers and just generally rude people. I have had to keep calm being yelled at because of how I dress before.

55. How much do you spend per month on clothes/accessories?

It's not a monthly thing for me. I generally get one or 2 big orders a year when things are on sale.

56. Was there a time lag between you knowing about Lolita and dressing?

A very big one around 10 years.

57. What is your most expensive Lolita item?

My Strawberry Bunny JSK. Hands down the most expensive item that I own.

58. It takes a lot of money to do Lolita. How do you save?

I don't. I wait until tax time or if we come into a bit of money.

59. Just a little secret here...How much have you spent so far on Lolita, roughly?

at least 2,500 USD.

60. Is there a Brand you want near where you live?

No. I would love if Baby put a shop here though.

61. "Man, what a rip-off!!" Have you ever thought that about a store?

Several times, usually about shipping.

62. Do you shop online? If so, put the good & bad points here to advise others.

I shop online almost exclusively. There arent any physical stores that sell lolita where I am.

63. You can say if you want, but is there a Secret person/shop that you have ordered a dress solely for you from? [I guess commissioned/replicated]

No, not really.

64. "I can never have that/see that happening!! But I will always want it!!" Is there a brand you think this of?

I want Melty Planet in lav. I don't think I will ever get it. 

65. What do you do with the clothes you don't want anymore?

I don't have that problem.

66. What is your most recent purchase? [Even non-lolita]

A small bag of sweets from The Three Gorges.

67. Is there an item that you love that you can't buy/seem to find?

Melty Planet from Angelic Pretty in the Lavender colorway

68. What do you think of people who only wear lolita to concerts?

I think that people should enjoy their clothes when they wear them.

69. What do you think of lolitas without makeup?

I don't judge people for wearing or not wearing makeup.

70. Another lolita is wearing the same coordinate/clothes as you!! What do you do?

Get a picture with them and compliment them on their style.

71. What age should you stop Lolita?

NEVER.

72. When do you think you should graduate from Lolita? And why?

If you don't want to you shouldn't give up something you love.

73. "You should stop that!!!>_<;" What must you not do when dressing lolita?

In my personal opinion smoking or doing any kind of drugs at all really. 

74. A lolita should be 'this'! What do you think that should be?

Confident. 

75. Excluding #73, is there anything you should definitely not do in lolita?

You probably shouldn't go to water parks in them. 

76. What do you think of men in Lolita?

If a man wants to wear the frills let him. It just proves he has good taste.

77. Did you change yourself for dressing lolita?

I became more me actually.

78. What do your family and surrounding people think of you dressing lolita? And do you accept it?

They all like it and tell me that it looks pretty.

79. How do you dress Lolita in the boiling mid-summer?

Short-sleeved blouses, skirts, hoop petticoats, and lots of pink lemonade.

80. Have you gone to School or Work in lolita?

No, mostly because I don't work or go to school.

81. How do you dress normally?

Kinda like I do in lolita actually. Pastels and black.

82. Do you think twice about buying second-hand clothes?

Never. I would rather buy used than new with most things.

83. Do you have a boyfriend? [or husband?] Does he understand Lolita?

I have a partner that does understand lolita. I have a tendency to info dump about it a lot.

84. Please tell us your ideal man.

My partner. He is perfect for me.

85. What Lolita has left a big, shiny impression on you so far?

86. Have you made your own clothes? What are they like?

I have but they're mostly aristocrat style, and they're very warm.

87. Have you made your own accessories? What did you make?

I have made detachable bows and lace wrist cuffs.

88. The best item you have made! What is it?

A pretty real flower corsage for a friend of mine.

89. Please say the most perfect Lolita coordination you wear.

I can't choose at the moment

90. Do you admire someone? What are they like?

I do but they arent someone in the lolita community.

91. .One day I will go on a date with that person. What would you like to wear for him?

Something simple, a black button-down, some jeans, boots, maybe some accessories. Basically how my partner dresses for our nicer dates.

92. If you want one, what type of store would you open in the future?

93. I want to open an Alice in Wonderland-themed restaurant.

94. Your eyes get attracted inadvertently to something. What is this motif?

Damask or bunnies and cakes.

95. Would you dress your child in Lolita?

I do dress my daughters in lolita.

96. How much do you spend on one outfit?

I haven't actually got any clue.

97. "This is Lolita!!" Please say what you would say this about.

Most things from Claires. 

98. "I have always wanted to try that once!" What, in the Lolita world, have you wanted to try wearing?

Punk Lolita. I don't feel like I could pull it off very well. I have too much of a sweet face.

99. Look at you in Lolita. In one word/phrase, how would you express your style/image?

Pink

100. What is your ideal of Lolita?

Being happy and getting to wear lolita every day.


101. Thank you for taking this Baton!! Please state your thoughts on it!

It was a really fun thing to do and a great way to get to know yourself and others.


I found the original post here. So what did everyone think of this? Its long but in my opinion was worth doing. I had to reword a question or two but that's okay. I am very thankful to 10sugars on LiveJournal for taking the time to translate this entire long thing. So that's it! Thank you for reading and sticking with this quite long post. 
                                                                            Yours Always
                                                                                        Wild Tea Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment