Oh,The Places We Will Go.

Saturday, January 1, 2022

T-Shirt Towel DIY!

 SO! In my haircare post, I said I would post a T-Shirt towel DIY project, and here it is!

You will need

  • 1 or 2 T-Shirts XL the 100% cotton kind work best
  • thread ( it doesn't have to match)
  • hand sewing needles or a sewing machine
  • 3inches (6 cm) of elastic
  • a large button
Step One - Measure Twice Cut Once
Measure out your dimensions and make this shape. I know it looks strange but trust me on this.

You are going to want to make the flat side a bit longer than your hair when hair is flipped upside down, and the rounded side a little deeper than a hoodie hood. 
Or you could free-hand it. That is always an option with these kinds of projects.
Cut 2 of these for a single-layer towel. If you want a thicker one cut more in multiples of 2 so if you want a towel that is 2 layers thick cut 4 of these shapes!












Step 2 - Sew It Together!
Either hand stitch or use a sewing machine to sew along the curved side. If you're hand sewing use a backstitch. I backstitched it and a little further in I did another line of back stitches just in case the first one gave out. 



















Step Three - Fasteners!
This is where that button and the elastic come in! Sew your button on the tail end of the towel. The elastic goes in a loop in the middle of the head of the towel. I put mine in the seam so it is nice and secure. 



















And thee you go! A T-Shirt Towel for your hair! 

There are actually 2 ways to make one of these! One is what I stated above and the other is super simple but requires more sewing and materials.

You will need at least 2 shirts for this one. 
Cut off the shirt right under the sleeves and then down one seam. Do this for all the shirts you are using. Lay all of them the same way on top of each other and sew up the seams and sew a big X from corner to corner. 
I don't have drawings for this one sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment