Oh,The Places We Will Go.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Do you look for bargains to save as much money as possible, or are you willing to make sacrifices for high-quality products?

     While I do normally look for bargains and ways to save money I know when things are worth splurging on. There are a few things I will always splurge on, however. If it's a dream dress, a good quality petticoat, or any kind of shoes. Dream dresses because well I never know when I will see it again. Petticoats because I have noticed that the better quality ones are usually more expensive. And Shoes because you want high-quality materials between your feet and the ground.

    I will absolutely splurge on a Dream Dress. You really never know when you will get another opportunity to get it. There IS a limit but if I ever see Milky Planet (Lav), Be My Valentine (Sax), or Royal Crown Strawberry I would pay a disgusting amount for them. 

Petticoats are an absolute must-have for any lolita and the higher the quality, the higher the price. There is, of course, layering them and I do that but it's not always comfortable and when I just want to quickly get dressed and head out layering them properly can be a real pain. Literally. The pressure on my waist can make wearing them unbearable. I do find that a structured underthing can help, such as a well-boned corset, a pair of Spanx or some such thing, or even a chest binder works well for me to alleviate some of the pain of having all that pressure in one spot. 

And shoes. If you don't splurge on shoes they fall apart and you end up spending way more on another 3 or 4 pairs that only last a few months to a single year rather than one pair that will last 4 or 5 years or more. Well-made shoes are becoming hard to come by so if you see some snag them. I recommend this for lolitas who wear their frills more than twice a week ( like myself ). I have a pair of an*tai*na Tea Parties that I have had for like 4 years now and they're still in great shape. Seriously though buy good shoes, in general, it'll see your feet.

Overall though as much as a bargin shopper as I am I will splurge if I can afford to. Especially with shoes. (can you tell I like shoes?) In my experience you get what you pay for in everything from clothing to electronics. Try to avoid planned obsolescence as much as you can and please shop responsibly. Places that have sustainable and ethical business practices are the best places to shop. All it takes in a Google search to find out. So all in all shop smart and splurge when you can and overall have fun with your shopping and frills.

                                         Yours Always

                                                        Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment